The Beauty of Meal Prepping The Top 3 Benefits

Now that you’ve started a healthy lifestyle by exercising regularly, it’s just as important to eat cleaner as well. Exercise only helps 20 percent of maintaining a healthy lifestyle; the remaining 80 percent is all about the food we consume. This is the case because our bodies need to consume more food for energy to carry out our daily tasks. While most of us only exercise about 30 minutes to 60 minutes a day or even every few days. 

 

This being said, you should really watch what you’re eating if you’re committed to improving your health. That means no more late night meals at that local McDonald’s or Pho restaurant with your friends. Also, don’t even think about eating that extra slice of cake in the fridge from the last birthday party. However, that doesn’t mean, you can’t have any of these nice meals and sweets filled goodness. It just means you should control what you consume. Once you start buying those weekly groceries and cooking, you’d actually be surprised how much you will change physically and financially.

 

Taking Control

Whenever we see that nearby McDonalds or those sweets in the fridge, the sugary goodness tempts us. Especially since it’s so convenient. We can quickly get a quick meal or snack, and get back onto our couch continue our shows or movies on Netflix. However, as we prepare our meals for the week, we carefully watch the calorie intake and macro balance because we only allow ourselves to consume certain foods. Then gradually, we will decrease the unwanted sugar, salts and fats while our temptation for junk food and sweets die down. You will gain that willpower and control 

 

Saving Those Bucks

Since you’re already grocery shopping and cooking to prepare our weekly meals, you will be less inclined to buy lunch and dinner. You prep the meals ahead of time for the upcoming week, therefore, you won’t be tempted to buy food. Also, there should be no excuse to make those purchases as you already have your meals ready in your fridge for takeout. 

 

Learning a New Skill 

Now that you’ve started preparing your meals, you’ve constantly enhancing your cooking skills as you cooking on a regular basis. You will gain the joy of cooking. Well at least I have. Now I really enjoy making different dishes each week and testing new styles of dishes. You even become a home chef! With the newly enhanced skill and the enjoyment of cooking, you may be inclined to share it with others and let them enjoy your cooking

 

Meal prepping is never perfect. It’s a learning process and you tend to get better each time. Especially since you will trying to top your work from the last time. 

 

You can do it!

  • Keric 

https://www.instagram.com/keric.wu/ 

Leave a Reply